Estimated reading time: 3 minutes
In today’s fast-paced world, where everyone is always in a hurry, cooking can often feel like a daunting task, especially after a long day at work. However, just because you are pressed for time, it does not mean that you must settle for bland, uninspiring meals. Instead, you can whip up a delicious and nutritious meal in no time using simple ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry.
We love this Tuna curry because it is simple, healthy and delicious. Made with pantry staples like tinned tuna and pineapple, it is perfect for nights when you’ve had a long day and haven’t prepared anything for the family.
Microwave Sweet Tuna Curry
- 30g butter
- 2 medium-sized onions peeled and sliced.
- 1 packet of Dutch curry and rice soup
- 1 ¾ cups milk
- 1 can (450g) pineapple pieces, drained
- 1 can (425g) tuna, drained and flaked.
- Cooked rice or pappadums for serving.
- Add the sliced onions and microwave on medium-high for 1 minute.
- Stir in the Dutch curry and rice soup mix and milk. Microwave on medium-high for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the drained pineapple pieces and flaked tuna—microwave on medium-high for an additional 5 minutes.
- Allow the curry to stand for 2 minutes before serving with rice or pappadams.
Is tuna or pineapple missing in your pantry at the moment? it doesn’t matter. Substitute with other ingredients you have in the pantry like tinned salmon, vegetables or other pantry items that work and come out with another quick and delicious meal. You can adjust the amount of curry powder and milk to make it spicy or creamy. Also, you can add other ingredients like herbs to give it a different flavour profile.
Cooking at home can help you avoid the high prices and unhealthy ingredients often found in fast food and takeout meals.
Do you have a go-to family favourite meal? Let us know in the comments.